Hello All! Another update from this past weekend. Since Sheralee was in the ‘big city’ last weekend, this was my first trip up to our property. This past week we started having some acreage cleared for our future farm animals. It is very very exciting to see the transformation.
Let me post a couple pictures, and describe what has happened so far.
The above picture is looking just SW and West. You can see our little shed and then follow our driveway road to the West and then heading South. Where the curve in the road is, just last week that was full of trees. Amazing.
Our Saturday morning walk of the new pasture. At this point we were two days in of ‘dozer’ work. As I write this, day three is in process, and probably about 2+ full acres to go. Just a note…looking at 4 acres cleared, is pretty daunting and a lot larger than I imagined. Ha.
Our other projects for the weekend were stabilizing and fortifying one of our compost bins. You can see in the below pictures, the bin was starting to slide to one side, mainly due to no support on the two front posts.
I have a long term idea on that, but for the interim, I added some stability on the inside, and also braced against the other bin there.
This will definitely work for a while, but I am thinking some metal fence posts pounded into the ground at each front post, tying the posts to that metal post. That should do it.
After this was done, Sheralee and I turned to building our new headboard. We are using 2×6’s left over from the left. It will be boarded on the side towards the bed, but open on the other side for shelving into the closet/office area.
* not sure why the blurry pictures….but you get itl We had to lay out the design first to get our bearings on how the install would go.
So far, it is turning out great. We now have to add the base cover on the back side, and create the rest of the shelves. Currently, our stock of 2×6’s are all slight warped, which makes for a lousy ‘flat’ shelf. ha. We also have to run some 120V and 12V for two outlets and some cool ambient led lighting in the headboard/shelving.
Doing that, I also had to finish some electrical panel additions, and wiring one side of the bedroom container.
Electrical is truly fun, as I told Sheralee. It is fun, until you get shocked, which (knocking on wood) hasn’t happened yet. For the bedroom I still have to wire in the headboard outlets, 12V led lighting, and two ceiling lights. Gonna be great.
I think that is it for this entry. We will have more acreage pictures soon. Very exciting times!