Headed up Friday afternoon ready to start another weekend of projects. You could tell we had some rain throughout the week, but for the most part the roads were dry and easy to transit. Our water tank is probably at 1,000 gallons just waiting for me to get the power/pumping working! Can’t wait. So, in order to get that pump working, and us having some of that water, we have to get power first. This weekend started the utility shed build that will maintain all of our house needs.
The shed will be attached to the South end of the container and store all the solar items (including batteries), propane tanks (including auto change over), and water pumping/filtration. Before I could start framing in the shed, I had to lay foundation blocks to make everything level, and boy is that the funnest thing ever. ha.
Finally after 4 hours of setting, I was able to place the concrete deck blocks and ensure everything is going to be level. Worked out well. The next stop was to attach the 4×4 posts, which are bolted to the container and will serve to brace the final deck joist.
It really turned out well! She will be doing the second window this coming weekend. They really will stand out against our charcoal grey walls…awesome! Another step to our loft completion!
Also during the day we wanted to start the cutout for our door that will serve as our container to stairs walk through. What a fun fun job this is! ha. We used our angle grinder and started the door cutout.
Eventually, after all of this fun we had a nice bottle of red and some fried spaghetti by the fire.
This is just so nice….our big fire, firewood stack, and our outdoor cook top in the background doing a number on our dinner. What a great night!
Sunday morning we were off and running. I wanted to keep framing the shed, which started with the flooring…2×6 joists, foam insulation, and plywood flooring.
Sheralee did some insulation in the loft, finishing out the walls. Then she turned on the trees at the end of our future yard. Look out trees….
There were some trees there, but Sheralee and a hand saw….bye bye!
Of course we got some Steelers football in before this, and some great Red Zone coverage in the loft. What a great life!
I finished the wall framing of the shed and halted progress as I was pretty much out of the desired materials and I am still working out the back and front wall..which will have a door! So, have to think that one through.
While cleaning up and covering up the material stack, I noticed this. It must have been under the 2×4’s on the stack that had been there for months.
Some little guy made this nice house. You can see little sticks, brush, and yes some of our moving blankets that we leave out to use with the trailer. Too funny.
That is it for this weekend. We are up again next weekend to continue the shed build, do some more trim work in the loft, and continue the expansion of our outside deck. Oh, I didn’t mention we added another 4×8 plywood to our deck upstairs. Just doubled the size and it is awesome. This weekend we are doing the cantilever part, very exciting. it will finish the deck flooring, except the very end near the shed posts.